Ancestor Story: George Q. Cannon's Dream
George Q. Cannon is Beau's Third-great Grand Uncle
On his way to his mission in Hawaii, George Q. Cannon had a dream.
"I dreamed one night that this party of brethren were heaving at the windlass, having a rope attached to it reaching forward to the anchor at the bow of the vessel. We were working with all our might endeavoring to raise the anchor, but made little progress. While thus engaged I thought the Prophet Joseph came from the after part of the vessel and tapping me on the shoulder told me to go with him. I went, and he climbed on to the forecastle and he knelt down, also telling me to kneel down with him. He prayed. After prayer, he arose upon his feet.
"Now," said Joseph. "George, take hold of that rope" - the rope we had been pulling on with all our might. I took hold of it and with the greatest ease and without the least effort, the anchor was raised.
Comments
Post a Comment