Our Story: Aaron is Protected
Aaron and Tyler were away at High Adventure with the Teachers and Priests and we were here at home. I was talking with a friend and thought to put his family's names on the temple prayer roll, and since I was there I tossed on Aaron and some other folks as well, primarily because I regularly put family on there. We went to bed like it was an ordinary night, but then I was awakened by what I thought was my watch's alarm at some point in the night. I fell back to sleep, assuming that it was just something from a dream. I woke up in the morning and exercised, but then thought that maybe it was something from the boys, so I grabbed my phone and read a message from Tony Dabling that said, "The degree of immediate forgiveness Aaron offered upon return from the er. Was inspiring. You should be proud."
I wondered what happened, then saw that I had missed 13 calls and had a stack of text messages. What happened is Henry Bleak had a series of frustrating things happen to him and Aaron's light was on late at night (just a shade after midnight), and he just snapped. He grabbed a 1x4 piece of wood and clocked Aaron upside the head with it. Aaron reacted quick enough to protect his face, but it split open the top of his ear. He was concerned that he might have a concussion or have lost some hearing because he got his bell rung pretty well. One of the leaders there was our neighbor Spencer Darley, who is an ENT, so he checked Aaron out and cleared him of hearing loss and concussion and then stitched up his ear.
We were grateful for the protection Aaron had - not only that he protected his face and that it wasn't more serious than it was, but also because of the way he handled it. Aaron immediately forgave Henry and set the tone with the rest of the young men, who were all out for blood. It was inspiring to see how mature he was and how he behaved in exactly the right way for the situation!
Comments
Post a Comment