Our Story: A Talk on Patience
I was asked to give a talk in sacrament meeting on patience a few weeks ago and was thinking through it and had a talk designed when I decided that it was not the right talk, so I scrapped it a few days ago and started again. After giving it, I got the following message from the Atkinsons, a sweet mother and daughter who live in our ward:
"Brother Sorensen:
Thank you for your fine talk today. We are sorry to hear of your business struggles, we hope that a miracle occurs soon to help you hold on, both to it and to hope. Please know (as you know) that with our health challenges, it has been a hard road for a long time - and last week some thoughts appeared to flow down from Heaven. I wrote a sorta 'talk' to gather and prepare these thoughts altogether; and it was a help and hope for us. How thankful and humbly shocked we were while listening to your talk today, to hear nearly the very same talk - even with quotes, scripture references, and words of patience and what it means - and what Heaven will do for while we 'wait' in patience. Wow. Please know that you are connected with Heaven, and this event shows us that Heaven is aware of us and thereby showed us a tender mercy - that He truly cares!
May you be blessed, and thanks for all you have done for us, too.
Love, Judy & Evelyn"
It was amazing to see the Lord work in that way - that he had given the same thoughts to them as He did to me at the same time so that we could both receive a second witness of those concepts!
Comments
Post a Comment