Our Story: A Chance Meeting at Hong Kong Airport

 When Rachelle and I were in Hong Kong, we came across so many missionaries. Really, we saw more there than probably everywhere else we've traveled combined. At any rate, while we were at our hotel getting ready to head home, I hopped on Facebook to post a picture from our trip, and my favorite companion from Japan (Aaron Hobson) had a super rare post. He is never on Facebook. Anyway, the post said that his daughter would be arriving home on Tuesday from her mission...in Hong Kong. I sent him a message and found out that she was on the same flight we were on.

We came across her and a fleet of other missionaries heading home at the Delta check-in counter and were able to say hi and talk with her for a minute, as well as get a picture together to send her parents. While this isn't one of those big miracles that gobsmacks you or anything like that, it is a reminder of a saying from a guy I came across in Japan. He said that he didn't believe in coincidences, he believed in coincide-ence. Meaning that "chance" meetings are not chance at all, but rather they are little moments where the Lord is saying something to you. In this case, I think He was telling both Hobson and me that He is paying attention to us and guiding our paths. 

Otherwise, it's hard to explain how I, not knowing at all that Hobson even had a daughter in Hong Kong, much less that it was her time to head home, would come across her in a population of 8 billion people (or even the 9 million in Hong Kong). 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ancestor story: George Q. Cannon Receives the Gift of Tongues

Manuel and Guillermo are Saved from Shining Path

John W. Taylor Forsees a Family's Conversion